Coddling Perps… More on How Democrats Put Politics Before Pages
In a story that always stunk… the stench of deceit is billowing from democratic corners now more than ever.
Ruth Marcus wrote a sweet bit on the Foley Scandal today in the Washington Post. But, she forgot to mention Grandma Pelosi and creepy Uncle Emanuel in the opening paragraph:
Soon-to-be-speaker Nancy Pelosi is fond of mentioning that she’s the mother of five, grandmother of six. The California Democrat should keep that in mind as she reviews the House ethics committee’s report on former representative Mark Foley and considers proposals for tougher ethics enforcement. Pelosi should ask herself: What would she think if the pages whom Foley pursued with his smarmy e-mails and even worse instant messages were her own children?
She probably did Ruth. Nancy Pelosi had plenty of time. She probably did ask herself what she would do about these emails but not in October. Democrats knew what they were going to do with the swarmy emails months before then. They were shopping the Foley emails after all. No, Nancy and the bunch should have asked themselves about the swarmy emails back when they first knew about them in the fall of 2005!
And, Ruth, if you were a better journalist than an opinion writer you would have known this because your own paper, The Washington Post, mentioned this back in October.
But, you ignored it then, too… Because in October it was about politics not pages.
Did you notice that Rahm Emanuel does not claim he didn’t know about the Foley scandal only that he “didn’t see the messages” before the story broke?
YouTube Video HERE
It turns out that I was right back then. The Foley Report proved it.
Here is more from the Foley Report and other sources about this planned scandal:
* Harpers Magazine reported in October that a Democratic operative provided me (Ken Silverstein) with the now-infamous emails that Foley had sent in 2004 to a sixteen-year-old page.
* On Ocotber 11th The Washington Post reported that “there are indications that Democrats spent months circulating five less insidious Foley e-mails to news organizations before they were finally published by ABC News late last month.”
* A CNN report (this week) indicated that top democrats knew about the Foley emails for months and did nothing until election time.
* The Washington Times reports that democrats were shopping the emails before the election- “Campaign operatives pushed newspapers to write about then-Rep. Mark Foley’s e-mails to teenage pages in the hope that a scandal would emerge before the midterm elections.”
* Down with Tyranny, a Far-Left blog, wrote on Sunday- “Last June the current Emanuel-backed congressman-elect, Tim Mahoney, was a rich countryclub Republican and a corrupt businessman, Emanuel’s cup of tea. Emanuel, already aware that he could force Foley to resign, convinced Mahoney to switch party registration…”
* And Harpers Magazine also reported on the curious fund-raising:
It’s quite possible these parties knew well before then, and were planning accordingly. As Ralph McGaughey, a conservative from Boston, pointed out to me in an email, before the scandal broke, Foley was almost guaranteed to win re-election. In 2004 George Bush won handily over John Kerry in Foley’s conservative district, and the congressman’s last two Democratic challengers only raised about $60,000—total. Meanwhile, Foley was sitting on a vast campaign war chest and had a reputation as a formidable fundraiser.
And yet Mahoney has been able to raise more than $1.1 million for his campaign.
That’s a 1,833% increase from previous campaigns in a traditionally conservative district!
But, there is more…
On October Howie Klein at the Huffington Post reported:
John Laesch is one of us. Robert Rodriguez is too and so are Charlie and Jan Brown and Victoria Wulsin. Rahm Emanuel? Uh… no. He’s one of them– as distant from real Americans’ lives as characters like Hastert and DeLay and Cunningham. Nothing to do with us or our values and shared aspirations. That’s why he manufactures fake Democrats when he can get away with it, like that Republican character Tim Mahoney he has set to “win” Foley’s seat. Last spring Mahoney was a country club Republican believing in none of our values and sharing in none of our dreams. Then Rahm, knowing full well that Foley was an out of control pedophile who might slip up, promised him a good shot at a cushy, lucrative congressional seat. And all he’d have to do would be to make a switch on a piece of paper at the registrar’s office and declare that he’s a registered Democrat instead of a registered Republican. That’s Rahm Emanuel’s kind of candidate.
So spare us the politics, Ruth. We saw enough of that in October.
And, spare us the line that “it’s all about the kids”.
Busted… WaPo Reports Democrats Were Behind Foleygate!
Now It’s Official: Dems Knew About Foley- Waited Until Election
Caught On Tape!! Rahm Emanuel & Dems Lied About Foley
Swamp Politics: The Democratic Coverup of the Foley Affair