Obama Reaches Out to Bitter Religious Pennsylvanians
Oh, this was rich…
Obama extended a hand to the bitter religious people of Pennsylvania on Sunday.
Ben Smith reported:
You go into these small towns in Pennsylvania and, like a lot of small towns in the Midwest, the jobs have been gone now for 25 years and nothing’s replaced them. And they fell through the Clinton administration, and the Bush administration, and each successive administration has said that somehow these communities are gonna regenerate and they have not.
And it’s not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy toward people who aren’t like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.
How sweet… Obama reaches out to the gun-humpin Jesus freaks!
UPDATE: Joshua nails it below–
This is the height of hypocrisy from a man who attended a church of hatred for 20 years.
Who himself is…
1) anti-trade – except for Commie Cuba which goes along with his commie mentor and friends
2) clings to false religion of hateful, black liberation theology for 20 years
3) antipathy towards people unlike him. attends a race-baiting, conspiracy-laden, false teaching, anti-Christian “black values only” church.
4) will talk to criminal tyrants around the world, including Syria, Iran, Cuba(commies, extremist islamic zealots), but refuses to even meet with a democratically elected President of Columbia who has lifted Columbia out of civil war, reduced violence, reconciled many different people, where millions rally for him, who has expanded freedoms and liberty in justice, media and work, who has protected the people from Communist FARC cocaine drug pushers who buy weapons from the sell of illegal drugs to Americans. Anti-Trade Obama for those “unlike him”
5) refuses to vote for a free-trade agreement to lift tarriffs on goods sold to Columbia that increase jobs for Americans.
This won’t go over very well with those bitter Pennsylvanians, I suspect.
UPDATE 2: I personally look forward to his next “great” speech—
“A Conversation on Gun-Toting Bible Thumpers in America”
UPDATE 3: Here’s Obama’s non-apology from his campaign stop today:
Here’s another copy of the video.
That ought to soothe those bitter churchgoers in Pennsylvania.
UPDATE 4: Power Line thinks this may do it for Obama.