He Feels Your Pain… Report Confirms Obama Spends More Time Golfing Than In Economic Meetings
In July 2010 President Barack Obama promised suffering Americans:
“I will not rest until everyone American who is able, and ready and willing to work can find a job. And a job that pays a decent wage and has decent benefits to support a family.”
It was just words.
In fact, despite serving as president during the “Greatest Recession since the Great Depression” Barack Obama has spent more time on the golf course than in economic meetings.
The Government Accountability Institute conducted an analysis of how much time President Barack Obama has spent in economic meetings of any kind, as recorded the White House official calendar and Politico’s comprehensive calendar. They covered the president’s first 1,257 days in office.
Key findings include:
• President Obama has spent less than 4 percent of his total time in economic meetings or briefings of any kind (assuming a six day, 10-hour workweek)
• President Obama has spent 412 hours (or forty-one 10-hour workdays) in economic meetings or briefings of any kind
• There were 773 days (72 percent), excluding Sundays, in which the President no economic meetings
• Throughout his presidency, President Obama has spent an average of 138 minutes a week in economic meetings
• In 2012, President Obama has spent 24 total hours in economic meetings kind