IRS Crook Lois Lerner Says: “I’m Proud of My Career & Job I Did For This Country”
The IRS Conservative Targeting Scandal involved:
- Hundreds of conservative groups were targeted
- At least 5 pro-Israel groups
- Constitutional groups
- Groups that criticized Obama administration
- At least two pro-life groups
- An 83 year-old Nazi concentration camp survivor
- A 180 year-old Baptist paper
- A Texas voting-rights group
- A Hollywood conservative group was targeted and harassed
- Conservative activists and businesses
- At least one conservative Hispanic group
- IRS continued to target groups even after the scandal was exposed
- 10% of Tea Party donors were audited by the IRS
- And… 100% of the 501(c)(4) Groups Audited by IRS Were Conservative
** Emails released in July show Lois Lerner has a “deep animous” towards “a–hole” conservatives.
** Lois Lerner warned colleagues to hide information from Congress back in 2013 – after the targeting investigation was in full swing.
** Lois Lerner targeted conservative Senator Charles Grassley from Iowa.
** Lois Lerner reached out to the Holder Department of Justice on a plan to prosecute conservative tax-exempt groups.
** Lois Lerner funneled Democrat Elijah Cummings information on a targeted conservative group.
** Lois Lerner and the Treasury Department secretly drafted rules to target conservatives.
** And six other top IRS employees involved in the targeting scandal also lost their emails around the same time.
Despite this mountain of evidence against her Lois Lerner says she did nothing wrong.
The Politico reported:
Lois Lerner is toxic — and she knows it. But she refuses to recede into anonymity or beg for forgiveness for her role in the IRS tea party-targeting scandal.
“I didn’t do anything wrong,” Lerner said in her first press interview since the scandal broke 16 months ago. “I’m proud of my career and the job I did for this country.
Lerner, who sat down with POLITICO in an exclusive two-hour session, has been painted in one dimension: as a powerful bureaucrat scheming with the Obama administration to cripple right-leaning nonprofits. Interviews with about 20 of her colleagues, friends and critics and a survey of emails and other IRS documents, however, reveal a much more complicated figure than the caricature she’s become in the public eye.
How convenient of Lerner to find a sympathetic media outlet to blather on about her innocense. What a courageous leftist.
It’s just too bad she’s not brave enough speak on record or under oath to Congress about her role in the largest political targeting scandal in US history.