New York Muslim Who Plotted ISIS Machete Attack Screams In Court: “There’s Going To Be More Of Us”

Screenshot from Jihad Watch

Man Gets 20 Years For Plotting New Year’s Machete Attack

26-Year-Old Emanuel Lutchman was sentenced to this last week to 20 years in prison for conspiracy to provide material support to a foreign terrorist organization according to a report by the Associated Press.

Lutchman had planned on carrying out a machete attack inside a Rochester restaurant on December 31, 2015 according to the plea agreement.

The acting United States attorney said, “Viewed in this context, it would be hard to overstate the danger that Lutchman presented.”

From The AP:

An ex-convict who plotted a foiled New Year’s Eve machete attack at an upstate New York restaurant in the name of the Islamic State group was sentenced Thursday to 20 years in prison, provoking a courtroom outburst in which he shouted “there’s going to be more of us.”

Emanuel Lutchman, 26, wrote before the sentencing that he had moved on from a “radical Islamic ideology,” but after drawing a sentence twice as long as his lawyer had sought, became agitated.

“You think because I’m going to be incarcerated there aren’t going to be more of us that rise up?” he said while shouting and swearing at U.S. District Judge Frank Geraci.

In response, Geraci increased Lutchman’s supervised release after serving his time from 30 years to 50 years.

Hat Tip: Jihad Watch

Comments

As a privately owned web site, we reserve the right to edit or remove comments that contain spam, advertising, vulgarity, threats of violence, racism, anti-Semitism, or personal/abusive attacks on other users. The same applies to trolling, the use of multiple aliases, or just generally being a jerk. Enforcement of this policy is at the sole discretion of the site administrators and repeat offenders may be blocked or permanently banned without warning