SUICIDE BOMBER=>British Authorities: Body Found at Blast Site Indicated a Suicide Attack
As TGP reported earlier, SEVERAL FATALITIES– MANY INJURED AFTER TWO EXPLOSIONS AT ARIANA GRANDE CONCERT IN MANCHESTER, BRITAIN.
British authorities are now saying it was a suicide bomber and the attack is being treated as terrorism.
Via NBC News:
Greater Manchester Police said the incident was being treated as terrorism. A senior White House official told NBC News that President Donald Trump, who is on a visit to Jerusalem, had been briefed.
Police said the explosion took place outside the arena, which is near the Manchester Victoria transit station, as the concert ended at about 10:35 p.m. local time (5:35 p.m. ET), catching people as they exited.
Ian Hopkins, chief constable of the Greater Manchester Police, said investigators were coordinating with British intelligence.
“This is clearly a very concerning time for everyone,” he said at a brief news conference early Tuesday.
Multiple senior U.S. law enforcement officials briefed by British authorities told NBC News that forensic evidence at the scene — including a body found at the blast site — indicated a suicide attack. U.S. officials said initial reports indicated that some of the casualties might have been caused by a stampede of concert-goers.
“My thoughts are with the victims and the families of those affected,” May said in a brief statement, noting that police are handling the explosion as “an appalling terrorist attack.”