REPORT: McCabe “LASHED OUT” When Asked To Resign, FBI Whistleblowers Warn MORE Resignations Coming
Fox News contributor Sara Carter reports FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe reacted furiously after colleagues demanded that he resign. For those who think FBI Director Christopher Wray is finished cleaning house — guess again. According to Carter, FBI sources within the bureau say “whistleblowers feel confident more resignations” are coming.
McCabe apparently lashed out to his colleagues when he was told he would be asked to resign, according to sources. FBI Director Christopher Wray viewed the four-page memo on Sunday, sources familiar with the discussions said.
McCabe, who is facing three federal inquiries for conflicts-of-interest during his time at the FBI, is one of the numerous names mentioned in the classified memo detailing FISA abuse, according to sources who reviewed the memo. […]
Current and former FBI officials said McCabe’s resignation is the beginning of more resignations to come.
“There are people lining up in the bureau to go after McCabe,” said a former FBI official, with knowledge. “There will be a clean up at the Bureau of his cronies.”
“McCabe, who served a brief stint as acting director of the bureau, was already expected to leave. He will stay on “terminal leave” until he is eligible to retire with benefits in March,” reports CNBC.
According to the Washington Post, McCabe intended to resign from the FBI once he was eligible for full pension benefits in March.
Last week, the Daily Beast reported former FBI Director James Comey, bureau Deputy Director Andrew McCabe and Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein are officially named in the “shocking” FISA abuse memo.
According to Richard Pollock’s latest for the Daily Caller, there is a strong possibility the four-page document, authored by House Intelligence Committee staffers, will be declassified at tonight’s 5:00 PM EST meeting.
Carter has said the contents of the memo are so “explosive,” that it could not only end special counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia probe, but lead to the prosecution of top FBI and Justice Department officials.
Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) has told Fox News host Sean Hannity that he believes the memo’s release will lead to government officials going to prison.
“I believe this will not end just with firings. I believe there are people who will go to jail. I was very persuaded by the evidence,” Gaetz told Hannity.