Al Qaeda Warns US to Stop Searching For Missing Soldiers
4 US soldiers and an Iraqi translator were killed by Al Qaeda on Saturday. 3 US soldiers were kidnapped during the attack.
Sergeant First Class James David Connell, Jr. was one of four American soldiers killed in an attack about 20 miles south of Baghdad on Saturday where 3 US soldiers were kidnapped by Al Qaeda. (WBIR)
Al Qaeda warned the US to stop looking for its missing soldiers in a statement posted on a website.
The Star reported:
The U.S. military said on Monday it believed that three U.S. soldiers missing in Iraq were abducted by al Qaeda and the Islamist militant group demanded an end to a massive search as the only way to secure their safety.
“At this time, we believe they were abducted by terrorists belonging to al Qaeda or an affiliated group and this assessment is based on highly credible intelligence information,” chief military spokesman Major-General William Caldwell said.
The three soldiers went missing after an ambush south of Baghdad on Saturday in which four other U.S. soldiers and an Iraqi translator were killed.
“Your soldiers are in our grip. If you want the safety of your soldiers then do not search for them,” the Islamic State in Iraq said in a statement posted on a Web site.
The group did not elaborate but its statement implied the soldiers were still alive. The posting did not carry pictures of the soldiers, make demands for their release or say what their fate would be.
For some odd reason… Jules Crittenden does not think it wise to follow the Al Qaeda gang in Iraq.
Two US soldiers, Pfc. Kristian Menchaca (Left) and Pfc. Thomas Lowell Tucker, were killed in the same Iraqi region last year and their bodies mutilated and booby-trapped with bombs by Al Qaeda.