Confirmed: Obama Administration Is Calling Families of Dead Terrorists & Apologizing
Sorry about junior.
In this 2008 image made from video provided by WBTV in Charlotte, N.C., Samir Khan is shown in North Carolina. Khan, a U.S. citizen of Pakistani heritage who produced “Inspire,” an English-language al-Qaida Web magazine that spread the word on ways to carry out attacks inside the United States, was killed by U.S. airstrikes in Yemen, along with Anwar al-Awlaki, an American militant cleric, on Friday, Sept. 30, 2011. (AP/WBTV)
It’s an Obama world.
The Obama Administration is calling families of dead terrorists and apologizing for killing their children.
The Charlotte Observer reported:
An official from the U.S. State Department has called the Charlotte family of al-Qaida propagandist Samir Khan to offer the government’s condolences on his death in a U.S. drone attack last week in Yemen, according to a family spokesman.
“They were very apologetic (for not calling the family sooner) and offered condolences,” Jibril Hough said about the Thursday call from the State Department to Khan’s father, Zafar.
The phone call came a day after the family released a statement through Hough that condemned the “assassination” of their 25-year-old son – a U.S. citizen – and said they were “appalled” that they had not heard from the U.S. government to discuss their son’s remains or answer questions about why Khan was not afforded due process.
On Friday, State Department spokesman Harry Edwards confirmed to the Observer that the call had been made, but said “privacy issues” kept him from offering details.