Lois Lerner Again Takes the Fifth at Congressional Hearing (Video)
But There’s Not a Smidgen of Corruption.
On Wednesday Lois Lerner was recalled to testify before Congress regarding her involvement in the ongoing IRS Tea Party targeting scandal.
She took the Fifth and refused to testify again.
Lerner repeatedly invoked her Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination during the House Oversight Committee’s hearing, prompting Chairman Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) to adjourn the meeting.
Rep. Darrell Issa (R-CA) told reporters afterward that the investigation will continue.
For the record…
The IRS Conservative Targeting Scandal involved:
- At least 292 conservative groups
- At least 5 pro-Israel groups
- Constitutional groups
- Groups that criticized Obama administration
- At least two pro-life groups
- An 83 year-old Nazi concentration camp survivor
- A 180 year-old Baptist paper
- A Texas voting-rights group
- A Hollywood conservative group was targeted and harassed
- Conservative activists and businesses
- At least one conservative Hispanic group
- IRS continued to target groups even after the scandal was exposed