Sen. Pat Roberts: “I’m Convinced IRS Scandal Links to Valerie Jarrett” (Audio)
The IRS Conservative Targeting Scandal involved:
- Hundreds of conservative groups were targeted
- At least 5 pro-Israel groups
- Constitutional groups
- Groups that criticized Obama administration
- At least two pro-life groups
- An 83 year-old Nazi concentration camp survivor
- A 180 year-old Baptist paper
- A Texas voting-rights group
- A Hollywood conservative group was targeted and harassed
- Conservative activists and businesses
- At least one conservative Hispanic group
- IRS continued to target groups even after the scandal was exposed
- 10% of Tea Party donors were audited by the IRS
- And… 100% of the 501(c)(4) Groups Audited by IRS Were Conservative
** Emails released in July show Lois Lerner has a “deep animous” towards “a–hole” conservatives.
** Lois Lerner warned colleagues to hide information from Congress back in 2013 – after the targeting investigation was in full swing.
** Lois Lerner targeted conservative Senator Charles Grassley from Iowa.
** Lois Lerner reached out to the Holder Department of Justice on a plan to prosecute conservative tax-exempt groups.
** Lois Lerner funneled Democrat Elijah Cummings information on a targeted conservative group.
** Lois Lerner and the Treasury Department secretly drafted rules to target conservatives.
Senator Pat Roberts (R-KS) told conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt that he thinks the IRS scandal leads to Valerie Jarrett in the White House.
The Daily Caller reported:
Republican Kansas Sen. Pat Roberts said Friday that he thinks the IRS targeting scandal was driven by Valerie Jarrett’s office in the White House, according to information that he saw that Democrats tried to “whitewash.”
Roberts told talk radio host Hugh Hewitt that he participated in a Senate Finance Committee investigation into the IRS scandal but “the effort was made by the majority, by the Democrats in the Congress, to simply end that investigation,” which he called a “whitewash.”
“I’m convinced that even Valerie Jarrett was involved,” Roberts said.
“I think this was White House-driven. I think all of the information at least that I saw leads to that, so we really have to finish this investigation,” Roberts said.