Judicial Watch: Obama Family Vacations, Campaigning Cost Taxpayers New Total Over $114 Million
Conservative watchdog group Judicial Watch obtained new Obama travel records from the Secret Service after filing a FOIA lawsuit in May of 2017.
The new total for Obama family vacations and campaigning cost taxpayers a new total of $114,691,322.17.
Via Judicial Watch:
A pair of Obama family vacations the weekend of February 14, 2014, cost the Secret Service $272,192.91:
- Michelle Obama’s annual trip to Aspen with her daughters – where she shut down the airport for an hour – cost $6,970 in air/rail, $5,614.99 in car rentals and $76,078.30 in hotels for a total of $88,663.29
- President Obama’s annual golfing trip to Palm Springs included a meeting with Jordan’s King Abdullah II and cost $10,951 in air/rail, $10,166.79 in car rentals and $162,411.80 in hotels for a total of $183,529.62
Michelle Obama made two North Carolina trips in 2016 to campaign for Hillary Clinton. Air Force expenses total $40,902.40. In both trips, she took a C-40C military jet operating at $5,312 per hour.
- Michelle Obama flew to Charlottesville then to Raleigh on October 4 for 2.1 hours at a total of $11,155.20
- Michelle Obama flew roundtrip to Belville and then Salem on October 26 and 27 for a total of 5.6 hours at $29,747.20.
Air Force and Secret Service records show President Obama’s annual trips to Chicago cost $7,444,780.78
- During fiscal year 2015, Obama flew 9 hours at an operating cost of $206,337 per hour for a total of $1,857,033
- During fiscal year 2016, Obama flew 5 hours at an operating cost of $180,118 per hour for a total of $900,590
- During fiscal year 2017, Obama flew 6.2 hours at an operating cost of $142,380 per hour for a total of $882,756
- Secret Service records show a total of $3,804,401.78 in costs between 2011 and 2016 for the Chicago trips. The Secret Service spent $3,372,399.07 in hotels, $423,428.28 in car rentals and $8,574.50 in miscellaneous expenses.
Secret Service showed expenses for Obama’s post-presidency travels of $1,913,702.21 including: $936,742.56 in hotels; $159,393.40 in air/rail; $2,684.11 in car rentals; $819.70 in overtime; and $814,062.44 in miscellaneous expenses. The destinations of these trips were withheld under “privacy” and “law enforcement” exemptions.
President of Judicial Watch Tom Fitton had this to say about the Obamas’ extravagant lifestyle at the taxpayers expense:
“It shouldn’t require federal lawsuits to to prod the Secret Service and Air Force to produce information about the costs of presidential travel – whether the travel is necessary or not, it’s a massive amount of money. We will continue to monitor this spending while taxpayers continue to pay the bills for presidential travel.”
Michelle Obama lived high on the hog off the backs of the same Americans she despises. The Obamas were foisted onto the American people and lived like royalty while spitting us.
Now they enjoy a posh, post-White House lifestyle selling books while Barack Hussein Obama rakes in over-the-top Wall Street speaking fees.
Didn’t Hussein Obama say “at some point you’ve made enough money?” He only meant that for the commoners; he’s allowed to make as much money as he wishes.
To be fair, Judicial Watch is also monitoring President Trump’s travel. Every conservative can get behind tightening the White House’s budget.