STUNNING=> FBI NEVER Contacted YouTube After Nikolas Cruz Left “Professional School Shooter” Threat

Senator Chuck Grassley (R-IA) revealed Friday that the FBI failed to contact Google after learning Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School gunman Nikolas Cruz vowed to become a ‘professional school shooter’ on YouTube.

Washington Times reports:

The FBI was told of a threat accused Florida shooter Nikolas Cruz made on YouTube last September but never contacted the company to track down its source, missing an early indicator, Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley said Friday.

Someone reported the online threat to the FBI and the bureau opened a counterterrorism investigation but closed it on Oct. 11 saying it never managed to identify the person behind the post.

It wasn’t until after last week’s school massacre that the FBI did track down the author and found it was the 19-year-old man now accused of slaying 17 people at his former high school, Mr. Grassley’s office said, after getting briefings from both the FBI and Google.

Google would have been able to help confirm the commentator’s identity if the FBI had followed up, Mr. Grassley’s office said.

Cruz was allegedly reported to the FBI in September after he left a comment on a bail bondsman’s YouTube channel saying that he was going to be a “professional school shooter.”

As The Gateway Pundit’s Jim Hoft reported, local FBI chief Robert F. Lasky responded to reports of the online threat by killer Nikolas Cruz.

Lasky: “We do not know if it was the same person. We, through our database checks, we could not positively identify him. We’re going back. We’re scrubbing the information. We’re looking at it again. I am not willing to say at this time that it was the same person.”

The YouTube comment was posted by “Nikolas Cruz” – spelled with a ‘K” – and yet the FBI now says they didn’t know if it was the same person?

As The Gateway Pundit reported last week, the FBI has said ‘protocols were not followed,’ to escalate a tip the bureau received about Cruz.

“We are still investigating the facts. I am committed to getting to the bottom of what happened in this particular matter, as well as reviewing our processes for responding to information that we receive from the public,” wrote FBI Director Wray.

On Jan. 5, a person close to Florida school shooting suspect contacted FBI tipline and provided info on the suspect’s “gun ownership, desire to kill people, erratic behavior, and disturbing social media posts, as well as the potential of him conducting a school shooting,” added Wray.

Loading...

Comments

As a privately owned web site, we reserve the right to edit or remove comments that contain spam, advertising, vulgarity, threats of violence, racism, anti-Semitism, or personal/abusive attacks on other users. The same applies to trolling, the use of multiple aliases, or just generally being a jerk. Enforcement of this policy is at the sole discretion of the site administrators and repeat offenders may be blocked or permanently banned without warning. Guest posting is disabled for security reasons.

Loading...